Please contact deepa@bhaatkhandesangit.com in case you wish to offer your tribute in a special manner, or sponsor a student from the economically challenged background as a mark of your respect. We would be happy to help.
49 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Raginee Baruah
3 months ago

I had the good fortune of being Guruji’s student at a very difficult time of my life. I still remember his words to me “You have started learning music. Wait and watch how your life will change for the better within the next 6 months”. Indeed, it did change for the better. I do not know whether it was only music that brought about this change, but I definitely knew that it was Guruji’s positive and encouraging presence in my life that made the difference. He was not only a great teacher, but also a great friend, helping me out with things big and small. He was a wonderful person and it was a pleasure and an honor to have known him. We have lost a wonderful person. May his soul rest in peace.

Manjushree Pandey
3 months ago

Shri Vinod Kumar Chopra leaves behind an enormous legacy. Legacy to be taken forward . He has been instrumental guiding light to many with his always smiling & positive approach. He will definitely be missed !! We pray that he remains happy where ever he is .. Guides the Vidyalaya in his spirits & his disciples continue to take strength from his guiding path shown.

My Shradhanjali to Mr Vinod 🙏

Father to my dear friend Ms Neetu

BSV Community
Vikas Aggarwal, Reema Agarwal
3 months ago

I along with my wife Reema had the wonderful opportunity to have a brief association with Guruji from July 2018 till last year. During this time , I found a mentor in him who showed me how to enjoy music. I could never ever think of performing in public but he gave me all the confidence to do so.
We used to look forward to having green tea with alot of gupshup with Guruji during our music classes.
Reema and I shall always treasure these memories together.

Dr Someya Agrawal
3 months ago

It is hard for me to even accept the fact that our beloved, most respected Guruji is no more. We have lost a great soul with him and it’s deeply saddening.
I can never forget his strict discipline and
reprimands around riyaaz and how I would jump in joy when showed his appraisal!
For me, Guruji alone was the connection to sangeet which I will always cherish and hope to continue to practice in his memory.
🙏🏻

Pushpa Talwar

“With a heavy heart,
We pray for the eternal repose of one who was a man of distinguished humanity.’,always with a smiling face.
May his noble soul Rest in Peace

Malvika Mehta
3 months ago

Reading the thread below, my feelings are echoed..gone too soon…Still struggling to come to terms with this very personal loss, I offer my undying gratitude to Sir. I have had the privilege of being associated with BSV since 1993, where under Sir’s guidance I completed my Visharad in Hindustani classical. Since then, I continued to learn from Sir, the different facets of music. Ghazals, bhajan, classical. Sir had this knack for preparing his students to perform infront of an audience with confidence and aplomb! So many memories flood my mind…his fingers flying on the harmonium, during practice sessions, I was always awed at how well he played it..His command at intricacies of music and taal. I recall so many sessions when he used to just dive so deep into the song, he would sing soo many variations. Many a time, he became emotional just singing a bhajan..His arrangement of music for songs in programmes was absolutely flawless..We used to speak on his birthday always..Now, I’m left with just memories..Where ever you are Sir, I miss you and will greatly cherish my association with you. Heartfelt respect and gratitude from a daughter in another birth..

Usha Pandey

आँखे नम है दिल उदास है
गुरु जी जैसी शख़्सियत अब नहीं हमारे साथ है
ये सही कि गुरु जी जैसी महान शख़्सियत का यूँ असमय चला जाना कितने संगीत प्रेमी बच्चों के सपनों को अधूरा कर गया ।
महान प्रतिभा के धनी गुरु जी ने हमेशा अपने शिष्यों को संगीत के गुर को सीखने के लिए प्रेरित किया ।बहुत ही सरल स्वभाव के मालिक गुरु जी और BSV मेरे लिए हमेशा एक दूसरे के पर्यायवाची रहे है। हमारी भावभीनी श्रधांजलि🙏

BSV Community
Seema Kashyap
3 months ago

Guruji was an institution by himself . ,Always encouraging, guiding and supportive he will live in our hearts forever. I am sure he is watching over us and will continue to shower his blessings on us .On the occasion of Gurupurnima we remember you …Guruji May God grant you eternal peace.

Ratan Prasanna
3 months ago

Many friends come into our lives but only a few leave with their footprints on our hearts,
you brought joy, happiness and laughter to all who met you.
Time may pass and fade away but memories of you will always stay.
🙏🙏🙏

Shrabani Chakravarti
3 months ago

‘Gone too soon’ is just what comes to my mind when I think of you…. Addressed you as Bhaisahab, yet I was always in awe of your illuminating presence at the Vidyalaya.
You have been a catalyst inspiring everyone to dream more as the CROWNING GLORY of the Institution.
While your loss has left an irreparable void, we cherish the showers of your countless blessings on the pious occasion of Guru Purnima.

BSV Community
Sachi Lalani Mittal
3 months ago

Guruji was one of a kind. He taught me not just music but so much more. I can’t believe he isn’t around but I do believe he is watching over me and all of us. He was a teacher, a friend , a mentor, a disciplinarian, a father – all in one for me . I will really miss you sir and will miss all your scoldings. Love you.
Lots of love to the family .

Arti Saxena
3 months ago

Still can’t believe it. He was a fatherly figure to us. Always guided us, encouraged us and supported us. Highly talented , down to earth, humble and very very hard working person. His soul lives in BSV and in his music.
We really miss u sir
Lot of respect and regards🙏🙏

Naveen Gupta

To Sir with Love
A Very Humble Warm & Down to earth person
Will miss your presence always
Respectful Tribute
Naveen

Mrudula Kulkarni
3 months ago

Guruji was a very humble person. Always available for students. His mere existence brought life to the institute. A very good human being, talented artist and wonderful Guru. On this Guru Purnima we all are going to miss his guidance..

Nishant Mehra
3 months ago

I still remember the day when guru ji held the hand of my son for the first time and put it on Tabla. He said “Hath Bahut aacha hai iska”. His everlasting smile, Gregarious nature and pleasant personality has still imprinting in my psyche. His singing is still reverberating in my mind. On behalf of 3 generations of my family, My Father (Sh. M.C.Mehra), My son (Veer Anirudh) and Myself (Nishant Mehra), I express my heartfelt gratitude to the noble soul. May his soul rest in eternal peace forever and ever.

SHREYA AGARWAL
3 months ago

As I came to know about sad demise of our reverend guruji ,it was shocking for me and my family that such an inspiring ,strong and worthy guide left us so early .He will ever be in our hearts .My deep heartfelt condolences to” pious soul”🙏🏻🙏🏻

Neetu Chopra
3 months ago

My Father, Guru,Mentor, and guiding light in each and every moment of my life. You are the one who taught me the value of patience, the art of detachment and the need for selfless service in today’s world.
May be you are not with me but your teachings will illumine the path of my journey..Miss you my lovely father …

PL Sahu
3 months ago

My family had a special bond with Binod ji and his family. A very humble and down to earth person. No air about his achievements. Wherever we met a smile on his face will make my day. Our association initially was connected with Music, Art and Culture but slowly it developed in to friendship. His sudden departure made a void in our life. We’ll remember and cherish your contributions made in the field of Music .

Pooja
3 months ago

Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for all that I learnt from you. Swar, taal , riyaz, discipline, punctuality, voice training and so much more. I am so ever thankful for all the time I got to spend with you and learn as much as I could. Your loss cannot be expressed in words. I know you are ever present in our hearts and will continue to watch over us as we continue to build on what you created.

Sangeeta Arora
3 months ago

He was such a sweet person just like a father. Always guiding, encouraging, motivating to sing and continue singing for all feel good benefits. Really grateful for all his support even when we felt like stopping. May Bhatkhande music school continue his legacy and love for music 🙏

Pradeep Ambastha
3 months ago

I was always in seach of a Sangeet-guru..who can teach & train me in classical music but pragmatically based on my inner capability ,receptivit ;,my past accumulated knowledge as well as a vision of my future potential growth ……
My search stopped when i met Guru Vinod Chopra ji….an uniquely talented singer,musician & a musicologist….He made me learn & grow in just 6 months more than what i could learn through my 60 – year haphazard learning..!!!!
To me,his demise is the saddest and the most irreplaceable personal loss……my any future musical journey will be motivated by his fond….&…tuneful memories…

Gaurav Joshi
3 months ago

It’s a huge loss. Guruji was a such a humble, warm and positive energy. How effortless learning used to be with him was because of his firm grip and mastery in music. We are blessed to have learnt from a stalwart like him. May his noble sould rest in eternal peace.
Thank you Sir you will continue to inspire
us always.
Om Shanti.

Ambbali Bhattacharyya
3 months ago

Sir was nothing less than a father figure to me. A man with so much talent and feathers in his hat .. yet so humble.. he taught me the first thing that how I want to be in my life. He was full of warmth and love . Always ready to help .. what ever I write today will not be enough . Because his magic can not be defined by words . He was and he will be an immense inspiration for all of us. His love for his students were unconditional and he used to go out of the way to make sure we learning well. His legacy is unmatched.
I pray his noble soul rest in peace in heaven and He keeps on showering his blessings on us because Guru never leaves you.. He remain alive within us always forever . 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Geetanjalii R Soni
3 months ago

Very few People can Touch lives the way Guruji did, in short span of my association with Guruji I had such special Bond with him, Ever Smiling, so Cheerful and of course disciplinarian an amazingly beautiful human being in and out. I feel so blessed that I got to know him and learn under his guidance in this lifetime. I am sure Guruji is blessing and guiding us from heavenly abode. We love you Guruji Thank you for your unconditional love and support always.

Last edited 3 months ago by Geetanjalii R Soni
Deepa Chopra Sharma
3 months ago

My Guru, my mentor, my guide – you were all that and much much more. Whatever I am today, is all because of you. Your loss has been a big shatter for us but I promise to carry forward the legacy you’ve left behind – This Institution. Continue to guide us just the way you always did. We miss you fondly 🙏🏻

BSV Community